World-class research universities are the incubators of scientific and technological discoveries. They are one of the essential drivers for the growth of innovation. In the Asia Pacific, there are a growing number of research universities that are ranked among the global top 100, and they are engaged in cutting-edge research that is vital to achieving the vision of creating innovation and entrepreneurship hubs in the region.
In partnership with the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), the Institute for Public Policy (IPP) at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) will host an inaugural Asia-Pacific Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship Ecosystems (APCIEE) in this coming December. The conference aims at creating a venue for critical dialogues focusing on nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems and inspiring collaboration across disciplines, sectors, and geographies. Bringing together thought leadership and key stakeholders, the conference will bridge the knowledge gap between researchers, policy-makers, business leaders, university leaders, entrepreneurs and investors on the pressing issues of converting existing strengths of research universities into resources that catalyze innovation.
The Conference will feature
- Keynote speech by Prof. Harvey Lodish, Founding Member of Whitehead Institute at MIT; Prof. Peretz Lavie, President of Technion; Dr. Raj Thampuran, Managing Director of A*STAR; and senior leaders of APRU.
- Presidents’ forum;
- Presentations on the area of innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems;
- Exhibition of research commercialization and signature start-ups;
- One-day field trip in the Greater Bay Area.
Call for Papers
We call for papers on the area of innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems in a broad sense, encompassing topics related, but not limited to
- The roles of research universities in accelerating the development of innovation hubs
- Governing university-industry-government collaboration for innovation-led development
- Fostering entrepreneurship for enhancing the innovation ecosystems
- Smart cities as innovation hubs
- The Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area as a global hub for innovation
To submit a paper proposal, please send the title of your paper, an abstract, together with a brief biography of the presenter to email@example.com no later than June 15, 2019. The APCIEE organizing committee will review the abstracts and announce selection results by email one month after the submission deadline.
- Hong Kong Science Park
- December 2-3, Keynote speech, presidents’ forum, presentations
- December 4-5, the Greater Bay Area field trip
- December 2-4, Exhibition